Stretch marks, also known as striae, are a common nuisance as they are clearly visible as pale stripes lying on the skin. While stretch marks are common in pregnancy, they can also occur in people who are building muscles or those that are experiencing hormonal changes.
Clinical studies have shown that susceptibility to stretch marks has a lot to do with genetics. If your mother suffered from stretch marks during her pregnancy, chances are you will to get them. The good news, however, is that these marks will fade away by themselves. In some cases they won’t go away without your intervention. Clinical studies have shown that it’s possible to prevent stretch marks from occurring and to decrease their appearance once they form. In this article, we will give you ten ways to remove stretch marks naturally.
1. Aloe Vera:
Benefits of aloe Vera are now very popular among the fans of home remedies. This herb has in it the plant collagen which excellently repairs human skin too. Use, as far as possible, the fresh aloe gel taken from the leaves instead of using store bought gel.
- De-thorn the aloe vera leaf and remove its outer skin.
- Take out the sticky gel from the inside of the leaf.
- Apply this fresh aloe gel on your stretch marks.
- Now forget it for two hours.
- Wash off with water after this couple of hours.
2. Lemon Juice:
Lemons have been recognized as fine natural bleaching agents beyond doubt. The alpha hydroxy acids (AHA) and vitamin C in lemons can efficient;y remove the dead skin and make your stretch marks disappear fast.
- Cut the lemon into 2 halves.
- Take a half piece of lemon and gently rub it on your stretch marks.
- Feel it’s juice soaking into your skin.
- Do this for at least 10 minutes.
- Then wash off with warm water.
3. Potato Juice:
This is the cheapest and one of the rapid home remedies for stretch marks. Potato is a super food due to its many components like essential fatty acids and a variety of phytochemicals, like carotenoids and polyphenols. It also has loads of vitamins and minerals including Vitamin-C, B-complex, potassium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus and zinc. Because a potato is capable of stimulating collagen and elastin synthesis, it can effectively restore skin cells fading away your stretch marks.
- Cut the potato into thick sized slices.
- Take a slice and rub it gently over your stretch marks. Ensure to apply its juice all over your marks.
- Leave it for 5-10 minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
4. Egg White:
Egg white contains 40 different proteins. You can understand why it is so beneficial for skin health. Egg whites are also rich in collagen and vitamin A and thus can treat scars or burns too effectively. So go ahead with this remedy and apply egg white on your stretch marks. It’s as simple as this-
- Take out the egg white by separating the yolk from the egg.
- Beat the egg white a little with a fork.
- Apply on your marks.
- Leave for 15 minutes.
- Wash off with water.
- Apply some moisturizer or oil (like olive oil) after you pat dry the area.